Friday, January 01, 2010

To juice or not to juice.....

Have you ever heard of The Hallelujah Diet? Kaz and I know several people who live by this diet and it's honestly something that I have NEVER wanted to do. The Hallelujah Diet includes eating more fruits, vegetables, drinking more water, removing meats from your diet, etc. NOW I do not want to do this full force, but Kaz's mom and dad have started doing parts of this diet such as juicing carrots, drinking barley, etc. In college, Kaz and I both drank barley max everyday for a semester and we could really tell a difference in our energy level....The testimony stories of this diet are amazing! People have been cured from all types of diseases once starting this diet, including a few friends of ours. Since it involves so much fruits and vegetables, there are a lot less toxins entering the body.
The thought of this does not sound appealing to me...I mean if you see the carrot juice or the barley max it makes me want to throw up! BUT it's so good for the body. That's the part thats appealing to me.
When Kaz and I were taking the barley back in college, I would drink it so fast because it looks and taste so gross. It's green...It doesn't matter what you put the powder in..it will turn green! One time I had the brillant idea to put it in my smoothie...BAD IDEA....At least when I put it in apple juice I could drink it really fast. A smoothie takes awhile to drink...NEEDLESS to say I will never put it in a smoothie again. Below is a picture of what it looks like...


GROADDDYYYY Right? Yeah, it's pretty disgusting BUT the benefits are INCREDIBLE...
LIKE I SAID...I don't want to do this full force, but Kaz and I are seriously considering starting to juice. What do you think? Good idea or no?

1 comment:

Beth Priest said...

I think it couldn't hurt?