Saturday, January 01, 2005

Kaz and I met back in College. I attended Francis Marion University and he attended the Citadel. We were both involved in Campus Outreach, a ministry at our colleges…Each summer we went on different trips with Campus Outreach. We met one summer in Coco Beach FL and started talking. Kaz chased me for 3 years[I had to put that in there:)], went to South Africa together one summer, and our love started from there! If you want to read our whole story click here [for Part 1] and here [for Part 2]

We got married in October 2006, moved to DC for a year, and then moved back to Charleston SC where we currently live!

Over the years, we’ve had our share of trials, but by far the hardest one has been infertility. I was diagnosed with PCOS in 2007 and have been battling through this journey for several years now. I’ve had tons of emotions throughout this time, but the Lord has really worked in my heart and has made me thankful for this suffering. Kaz and I have seen Him do amazing things in our life, and we can’t wait to see what He has in store for our family! I started writing this blog because I was frustrated with this infertility journey and thought it might someday, someway touch the lives of other women battling the same thing. It has honestly helped me more than anyone!
In January 2010 we started the journey of adoption through Bethany Christian Services! We brought our sweet daughter, Annie Rice, home on June 25, 2011. To read Annie Rice's adoption story click here. On October 2, 2012, we brought home our second daughter, Margaret Ruth[Maggie] through adoption. To read Maggie's story, click here. On February 12th, 2016, we brought home our sweet little red headed boy, Finn. 

We are so blessed! Our journey hasn't been easy, but the Lord has transformed our lives in ways we could have never imagined. We hope you enjoy reading our blog!