Wednesday, January 20, 2010

30 day shred.....

Well, I haven’t lost any more weight pound wise…BUT I definitely have continued building strength, losing inches, and toning up! I’m fitting into old jeans and all of my clothes are a lot looser:)

On Monday, I ran 6 miles. It was my long run for the week and it felt great! My problem with running is I get really bored sometimes…It doesn’t matter if I run inside or out, at some point I get bored so I really have to work through that. Monday I ran on the treadmill…thankfully all the treadmills at my gym have TVs on them so I can watch TV while I run! It was definitely hard, and I pushed my body BUT I did it! I’ve still been running 3-4 miles 4 days a week[and then a long run on the weekends]. This weekend is 7 miles. I’ll let you know how I do:)

Something else I’m super pumped about is 30 day shred! I love the biggest loser, and Jillian[the trainer] leads this workout. Here’s the thing: It’s 30 days, 3 levels, 20 minutes per day. Not bad at all! I mean don’t get me wrong, it’s hard BUT I can handle 20 minutes. I always buy workout videos like Slim in 6, P90X, etc and I love them for a little while, but the part that always gets me is the length of the videos. I don’t like working out in my house for 45 minutes every day. AND I don’t like videos that do tons of lunges, or tons of arms. 30 day shred is a great mix. Jillian combines strength, with cardio, and abs. This is what it looks like:

3 intervals.
3 minute strength
2 minute cardio
1 minute abs

Every interval is different. I really like it a lot! Today was day 2! I actually got up at 5:45 this morning to do it, which shocked Kaz completely. I woke him up…normally he has to pull teeth to get me up in the mornings! Miley wasn’t quite sure of what I was doing…When I started doing jump-n-jacks she came over and started jumping on me:)
There are a lot people doing the 30 day shred. To read about other people on this journey click here.

Finally, Kaz and I have continued juicing. We started adding spinach in our drinks. I can’t taste it but it definitely turns the juice greener[I had to get over the fact that it was green:(]. I actually want it in the mornings now for breakfast. I don’t even think about anything else…I know that’s it so good for me and I’m enjoying it. We went to Barnes and Noble this past weekend and I found a book about the top 100 juices. As I was reading it my mouth was watering. I can’t wait to try some of them and share with you:)

If you’re on a healthy journey, keep it up! Your goal is reachable!!!

Photobucket

4 comments:

Unknown said...

You go Amy! I hate exercising. But I made a commitment with Wanda, and so we hold each other accountable, which helps me a lot. I've heard great things about that video you're doing! Go girl! I'm starting off small like getting on the elliptical at least 15 mins as many days as possible. :)

Rhonda said...

I love to watch the Biggest Loser too! I love the Shred because it's challenging and 20 minutes! Yep, so doable! Keep it up! Your doing awesome with your workouts!

I LOVE green smoothies! I crave them and drink them at least 6 days a week! I usually add spinach, but I am going to try kale soon. I can't wait to hear some of the new recipes!

Thanks for the link to me. ;O)

carissa said...

i can't wait to hear how you like the shred!

AraLeigh said...

I do this workout that you are talking about in my stength training class that I take twice a week. I love it and you will too. Keep up the great work and good luck with the 7 miles this weekend...I know you can do it!