Thursday, March 24, 2011

frustrated...

Yesterday was a hard day for me...Kaz had to travel to Asheville for work, so it was just me and Miley...Originally, I had planned Wed to be a "fun day, or me day." Since the weekends are full of wedding stuff, I've been trying to have just a "me day" during the week BUT this one didn't turn out as planned. It started out great...I slept til 9, woke up and watched tv, went grocery shopping, and then met my friend Blythe for lunch at subway. Kaz and I have been waiting for the last 2 weeks on a letter from the birthmother that she wrote us...In my mind, I have kept that area open knowing that the letter would finally be closure...maybe some unanswered questions would be answered...I found out after lunch that the chances of actually getting that letter are very slim. I became frustrated with the whole situation...frustrated that our situation has become so complicated...frustrated that we are still waiting....just frustrated. It was an interesting time to get the phone call because I was doing my bible study at that exact moment on finding satisfaction in Christ. Instead of trying to pray about things, I immediately called Kaz and just kind of gave up...I wanted to run away...go somewhere that I could be alone...get away from life.

I NEVER imagined "waiting" would be so hard. I went about my day and continued doing the things I wanted...and then I sat for awhile...in the quiet and reflected on the Lord's faithfulness in my life. 

He HAS been faithful to me
He HAS provided for us
He HAS blessed us
DESPITE my sin
DESPITE my ugly heart
DESPITE my unfaithfulness

I want to be a person who is thankful for what HE has done AND IS DOING, instead of complaining about what HE HASN'T done. BECAUSE if I know anything...it's HE IS WORKING RIGHT NOW...HE HAS BEEN FAITHFUL..

To appoint unto them that mourn in Zion, to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the Lord, that he might be glorified."—Isaiah 61:3.


4 comments:

Ashley said...

One day you will look back at this time in your life and realize that God had everything perfectly planned for you. Keep seeking Him! Praying for you!

S and J said...

We too are in the "Waiting" process and it seems like everyday that goes by my faith gets weaker and weaker but then a part of me which I know is God telling me he IS working and continuing to bless us comes about and my faith grows even stronger. I pray for you guys and hope that your "call" comes soon :) J

mom said...

I am sorry your day was frustrated, but like you said God is working right now and he will bless you. Focus on what you know he will and can do. I love you, mom

Timothy and Holly said...

Amy you are so right... God is Faithful. My encouragement for you is that God is not only faithful, but His timing is perfect. He hears you and He is answering your prayers, but in His own way. Your baby is WORTH THE WAIT and you will appreciate God's timing when He chooses to fill you in on His plan. I'm praying for you and Kaz and your baby!