Monday, March 21, 2011

waiting...

Do you ever just feel like the Lord is trying to tell you something....You get tons of things from it, but you can't figure out the main thing He's trying to say? 

That's how I've felt this weekend...Saturday was the perfect day for me. I slept late..Kaz brought me breakfast in bed...We took Miley for a walk...I layed out in the back yard and read for about an hour...and then I had a wedding....the day was absolutely beautiful and I enjoyed it to the fullest. At weddings, I really try to be attentive during the ceremony, speeches, etc because I usually take some piece of advice away from each wedding. I LOVE listening at weddings....During the "unexpected" toast from the father of the groom, I felt the Lord speaking truth to me over and over. The father broke the speech down into 3 parts: spiritual, fatherly, and humorous. One thing he said during the spiritual part was this: NEVER GIVE UP...It wasn't raining when Noah built the ark. Those 11 words had me fighting back the tears...I actually thanked the father after for his words of encouragement to me. It was exactly what I needed to hear...

Sunday morning at church the sermon was about waiting...As soon as Kaz and I saw the title we both knew we were in for a good scolding because lately, we haven't waited "well". The main thing that our preacher kept saying over and over is that most of the time, the Lord works more while we are waiting than AFTER we get what we have been waiting for. That the blessing is in the waiting...
Kaz and I went out to dinner last night and had some time to really talk over what we took away from the sermon....It's amazing HOW MUCH the Lord has done in us over the last 3 years...
Adoption was NEVER a option for us...To be perfectly honest, it was kind of a "fix" to our problem. We wanted a family...couldn't do it on our own...so we started down the adoption path. Today, my heart is 100% changed. Adoption is not only an option BUT it's a part of our life NOT JUST NOW, but in the future. We BOTH know that we want other children THROUGH adopting..hopefully from another country. We both have a desire to help others in the adoption process...We both want this for our life. I have no idea why we are still waiting or even what the Lord has in store....BUT I'm committed to finding out. I don't want to waste this time of waiting and miss out on the opportunities He has for me. I may struggle from day to day, BUT I'm going to fight to believe that HIS TIMING IS PERFECT because it is. SO IS HIS PLAN...
While the hurt that I feel at times, seems like too much....in the end will be all worth it. It already is JUST BY SEEING WHAT HE HAS ALREADY DONE IN MY LIFE. 

psalm 130:5
I wait for the Lord, my soul waits, and in his word I put my hope.

5 comments:

Rebekah said...

This is a great sermon on adoption that really makes you think about your reasons behind it - we really enjoyed it! http://www.sermonaudio.com/sermoninfo.asp?SID=113101250246

mom said...

You are exactly right Amy, we have to always wait on the Lord. I know it must get hard for you and Kaz at times but God is in control. He does prepare us for what is to come we just have to wait on him. Always remember Philippians 4:13. I love you, mom

Melissa's Thoughts said...

Great post. It doesn't matter what we are waiting on, waiting well is our calling.

Unknown said...

I needed to hear this today - thank you for sharing! Prayers for you and Kaz as you wait for God's timing, and may He continue to prepare you both for His PERFECT plans!

Misty said...

Nobody likes to be in the "waiting room" of life. It is scary, frustrating and lonely at times.

When doubt creeps in, know that God is working..strengthen you..building your trust..preparing your heart.