Monday, July 04, 2011

reflections...

The last few days have gone by so quickly...I find myself wanting to just stop time. I look back over this last week and see so many changes[good of course:)], schedule changes, and growth everyday in Annie Rice. 
A lot of people told me that after having a child, the pain of not having a child and everything we went through to get her would not hurt as bad...it wouldn’t really matter anymore. That’s true..at times I can’t even remember all of those hard times BUT over and over this week I keep reflecting on one thing...GLORY.
A really good friend told me maybe 2 months ago that I needed to praise the Lord for the baby He had in store for us. To begin thanking Him for that baby and not reflect as much on what I didn’t have...AND that she was praying not for a specific baby BUT the baby that would bring the Lord the most glory. That’s a really hard thing to hear while you are waiting...I remember almost getting mad at her when she told me that...I thought, it seems that easy to other people, but not to me...
LOOKING BACK, I only wish I could have done that. I have seen every single day glimpses of the glory Annie Rice brings to the Lord...how her story has touched so many people...how far He has brought me in my walk with Him...the list could go on and on. HE has transformed our lives in a way I could have never imagined 3+ years ago when we started the journey of starting a family. I can’t pray without crying and praising Him for His goodness. The amount of support that we have seen over the last few weeks has literally blown us away! To all of you, my readers, I can’t thank you enough for ALL of the sweet messages and emails! EVERY SINGLE ONE has meant more to me than you will ever know. THANK YOU for all of your prayers...One thing that I know for sure..PRAYER is powerful. HE is FAITHFUL and GOOD...and while maybe not in our timing, HE WILL give you the DESIRES OF YOUR HEART. NEVER LOOSE HOPE!
To Him be ALL GLORY AND HONOR....











8 comments:

Jessica said...

She is absolutely beautiful, congratulations on your little blessing.

BARBIE said...

I love the pictures of her with her daddy! You are all beaming with joy!

Chad and Corrisa said...

Beautiful post, Amy!!!! Annie Rice is definitely an example of God's glory!

Life Happens said...

What a cutie pie!! You are right, the Lord does bless us with the desires of our hearts when we are faithful to Him. God bless your family!!

Faith said...

Seeing these pictures and reading more about sweet Annie Rice just makes me so happy for you guys!! She is so beautiful and I know you all are overjoyed! So thrilled for you!

Ashley said...

She's so beautiful! What an awesome testimony!

The Dimino's said...

She is just precious!! ya'll are the sweetest family! Praise GOD on all of his many blessings!! I can't wait to hear more about sweet little Annie Rice!!

Bernice said...

You have brought tears to my eyes again, the wonderful pictures and a beautiful testimony.