Sunday, July 24, 2011

i can breath a little...

Whew, what a month! I feel like I haven't slowed down...I'm happy to say things are beginning to get back to normal and I couldn't be happier! It seems like we have been traveling so much lately, and I have definitely been very tired! This past weekend was jammed packed full of things including my last wedding for a whole month! I'm so excited I can hardly contain myself...and then round 2 of busy season starts back up! BUT for now, I will enjoy this time:)
Tomorrow will be a whole month that we have had Annie Rice! I can't believe it! This morning in church Kaz leaned over and said, "It's hard to imagine what life was like without her!" He's so true! She's doing so good and really progressing a lot! We hope to start her therapy very soon, just waiting on the final paperwork to be complete! In the last 2 weeks she has started holding her own bottle, which according to the therapist is really big! She is army crawling now, so I'm confident she will be crawling in no time! BUT she has stopped all eating! We have tried EVERYTHING! She refuses to eat anything EXCEPT cheerios, prunes, and sometimes yogurt. We have mixed veggies/fruits in her yogurt and she just spits it out! We even tried going back to baby food and she wouldn't have it! So, I guess she will have to get hungry before she eats, ALTHOUGH that doesn't look promising...She even turned down chocolate! I'm hopeful her eating will get better and am going to try putting cinnamon on her foods tomorrow because she does love cinnamon...so maybe that will help! 
 Miley still wants to get her bath toys everyday! She now even wants to join her in the bath tub at night!

I'm looking forward to a quiet, normal week:) Well, let's at least hope so!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Annie is a doll! So precious!

BARBIE said...

What a cutie! Praying she will start to eat soon. And that's so great that she is so close to crawling. Love the picture of her in the bath with the doggie near by!

Jaclyn M said...

So looks healthy and amazing. I wouldn't too much about the not eating thing. I (unfortunately) have dealt with this problem a lot. I had a child diagnosed with Failure to Thrive because she would NOT eat. Be careful to watch that is doesn't get that back. Try to encourage her to drink lots of whole milk and juice. At her age she can actually survive on that. Also, if she continues to not eat for more than a couple of weeks (which is completely normal), there is a medication they can give her that will stimulate her appetite. Monitor her weight on your own. IF she starts losing weight.... see a doctor.... otherwise you are doing a great job!!!!

I know this is a long post, but I have a LOT of experience with kids not eating!!