Thursday, July 14, 2011

life...

 WARNING: IF YOU ARE A SOLD OUT CLEMSON OR CAROLINA FAN, YOU MAY NOT CARE FOR ME AS MUCH AFTER THIS POST....
I grew up a Carolina fan...then in college, kind of switched to Clemson after going to the games most weekends..I mean come on, you have to wear orange to a Clemson game AND besides, orange is my favorite color! Well, over the last year I’ve started pulling for Carolina again when they don’t play Clemson..I have clothes from both teams...My favorite t-shirt is Clemson, and my dad lets me know every time I wear it just how much he hates it! Annie Rice has a couple Gamecock outfits...I guess I would get disowned from the family if she’s ever in Clemson BUT SHE WILL be in orange! So there you have it...I like both teams...Don’t hate me:(
The reason I say all of this is because last Saturday night we had a HUGE RAIN storm. So much in fact, a lot of areas were flooded. Kaz was out in my car in this storm and by the time he made it back home he was completely soaked from head to toe. The remote to my car got wet and would no longer work. Kaz took it apart, let it dry, and even changed the battery the next day and it still would not work. So on Tuesday, I made an appointment to take it to the dealership and knew a new remote would cost about $200. I get to the dealership having tried the remote BEFORE I left home, and started talking to the repair guy about the problem. He said, “Honey, the reason it doesn’t work is because you have on Clemson[I was wearing all orange that day]...You just need some Carolina hands to touch the remote.” I kid you not, the minute he pressed those buttons the remote started working again! Just my luck! He said, “See I told you...You just needed a little garnet and black love!” I was mortified and so embarrassed because he was probably thinking I was completely nuts! 
BUT none the less, it works and I’m thankful! 

in Clemson..
 my favorite t-shirt...
carolina...
my little gamecock...
I haven’t really watched a whole lot of TV lately, even before Annie Rice. For those of you who know me, you know it’s a BIG STEP for me not to watch E News! HaHa! BUT when we went to the beach with Liz and Todd awhile back, Liz got me hooked on Las Vegas! Hooked I am....I dvr 2 episodes a day and even ordered the dvds from Netflix! 

Annie Rice had her first pediatrician’s appointment yesterday! It went very well except when she got her shots! Of course I had to take a couple shots:)

Our traveling hasn’t slowed down very much...Kaz was in Michigan with his family over July 4th. We were both supposed to go but after getting Annie Rice only a week before, we decided it might be too much too soon considering all the big adjustments she had to make. So we got him home for a few days, and then he left for Colorado again. His flight home last night landed at 1038pm. I assured him that we would be at home waiting since Annie Rice goes to bed around 830 BUT I just couldn’t resist. I kept her up really late and we made the trip to pick him up! He was so surprised and Annie Rice was very happy to have her dad back! BUT today, we leave again! We are going to DC for a couple days because Kaz has a class for work up there and we are going to see his family! So Annie Rice gets to meet her granddad, aunt, uncle, and cousin for the first time this weekend! I’m so excited...AND it’s really neat because 5 years ago almost to the day, Kaz and I moved up to DC! It has always held a special place in my heart because that’s where we started our married life and I think it’s neat that it will be the same place we go for our first family trip! I’ll be back sometime next week!
at the airport...


our fist year in DC...

6 comments:

Dawn said...

Hope y'all have a wonderful trip! :) Let's do a tailgate together this year!

Dawn said...

For Clemson, of course! :)

maNda said...

you have to pick one! and it should be clemson of course. go tiiiiiiiiigers! :)

also, annie rice makes the best faces! the camera loves her!!

Kara said...

I always love seeing updates of you and your precious Annie Rice. Are you ever going to share the meaning behind her unique name? :-)

Brittan said...

I've come across your blog every now and then, but haven't read in a while. I was super excited when I visited tonight to see you are now parents! She is PRECIOUS! And you can really tell that your husband just melts when he is holding her! Congrats to you both! Blessings!

Jennifer said...

Well....I"m not a Carolina or Clemson fan, but I did, in fact, love this post! I'm now following your blog. I think it's cool when girls are into sports. Weird, but I wish my husband was more....lol You don't hear that often. We live in East TN so we are big Volunteers fans. (myself a bigger fan more so than my husband....he prefers the KY wildcats. CRAZY!!!) It will be fun to read your blog you being a "house divided" as well. ;o) At the end of the day...win or lose...of course the hubs and I still love each other. =) Congrats on your adoption!! Anna Rice is adorable!!!! =)