Tuesday, July 05, 2011

new buddies and cake...

In less than an hour my sweet Annie Rice will be 1 years old! To celebrate the occasion, we did a little cake smash[and party-more on that tomorrow]...BUT this wasn’t just any cake smash. It was a VERY SPECIAL one because Liz and Todd’s son Charlie turns 1 at the end of July, so we did them together:) This is probably the most memorable and special photo shoot that I have ever done...It was special in the fact that I NEVER imagined we would have 1 year olds together. Todd and Liz got Charlie when he was just a few days old and I always imagined that our children would be more apart in age than they are because of how long we had to wait...It makes me so happy every time I look at these pictures! We joke that the wedding invites are already being designed:) The part that gets my heart every time is the simple truth that the Lord heard both of our prayers...”For these children, we have prayed...” Such a special time!




















 We had to clean them somehow...so we put them in the pineapple fountain:) Not sure if that's really allowed but at least for us, that night it was:)


18 comments:

Ashley said...

GREAT pictures!

Cary Dale Taylor said...

I cannot get over how cute she is. I love her little epxressions. Everytime I read about your story I get tears in my eyes. God is so good. You are an amazing testimony of faith in hard times.

The Carters said...

Love your pictures!! She is just precious!

Jaclyn M said...

I was just telling my husband about your amazing adoption story. Then I came home to find this fun post. We both think YOUR Angel is adorable!! Congrats again... She is beautiful. Tell her Happy Birthday from all of us :)

Misty said...

Love the pictures!!!

FYI: I get sooo excited when I see a new post on your blog. I look forward to reading about your family of 3....and I don't actually know you.

Keep posting and taking pictures of your sweet baby girl!!!

Jennifer said...

What great pictures! Happy birthday to your daughter! My son turns 1 in a month!! Yikes!

Hilary Surratt said...

Amy! She is totally precious w/ Charlie! That first picture of them in the wagon is absolutely adorable! Her smile is so cute- Happy birthday to Annie Rice, can't wait to see her party pics! :)

Jemsmom said...

That is precious and she has the BEST experessions!!!

Jessica said...

She is absolutely adorable!!!!!!!!!!! Happy Birthday Annie Rice!!! I am just so happy for you and Kaz!!!

Jessica said...

I love the pictures, those babies are both so precious and I love how expressive Annie Rice is.

BARBIE said...

She's just adorable! Love the pictures of her with her cake!

Shannon said...

I love her little expressions! My sister has that raised eyebrow look, and her students call it the "stank eye!" Cant wait to see pictures from her party!!

Living the Long Life... said...

Oh my, she is so stinkin cute! I just love her little expressions!

Happy Birthday to your sweet Annie Rice!

melissa said...

OMG! Those expressions are so cute!!

Kara said...

Pictures are amazing. I can actually feel your heart bursting at the seams with joy and pride right through this post. Ask any adoptive momma - when you watch someone else's glorious "God" story unfold - it makes you relive your own all over again. Such a happy time. You are making beautiful memories with sweet Annie Rice. The expression where she wrinkles her forehead is priceless. She's beautiful and perfect in every way!! So happy for you across the miles and the internet. :-)

Brittany said...

ADORABLE!!! I love the cobble stone road with the cake. Great idea!! Annie is just a doll!

Bernice said...

Happy Birthday Miss Annie Rice, you are Adorable and Loved by many!!
Tell your Mommy life would be wonderful if she would post a picture of you every day!

Unknown said...

She is a doll!