Tuesday, September 13, 2011

my little bugga...

That’s what I call Annie Rice. She is such a JOY and BLESSING to our family! We went for a walk the other night and I told Kaz, it seems like every day I’m happier and happier. 
She is doing so well. She started eating REAL FOOD 2 weeks ago and now eats everything we give her! This is a huge answer to pray. For about 5-6 weeks, her diet consisted of just cheerios, yogurt, and fiber one cereal. Now she eats anything we give her and loves mandarin oranges and lucky charms[although that is a special treat:)].
One of the main concerns with the developmental pediatrician is her learning motor skills backwards. That was a concern when we got her and it’s still a concern now. Both Kaz and I are starting to see what that means. DON’T GET ME WRONG, I’m NOT AT ALL concerned with her development because she has been progressing TREMENDOUSLY! BUT we can see what the doctor means in small things...For example, she has learned how to sit up on her own in the crib. She can sit up on her own if you place her that way, BUT she struggles to sit up on her own even though she crawls but more so scoots everywhere. The crib is the only place as of now that she can sit up, BUT once she does she doesn’t know how to lay back down. It’s the weirdest thing. She try’s so hard to lay down but just can’t so we go in and lay her back down. I know all these small things will come and for now I’M SO HAPPY she is learning to sit up, scooting, etc. She has come SO FAR since we’ve gotten her. 
She has recently become very attached to us but more so me. It makes Kaz jealous and I keep telling him to let me enjoy this time because one day it will be all about him and nothing to do with mum! She is such a happy baby and the nursery workers at church call her happy Annie...Well, up until Sunday. Sunday and then again this morning at MOPS she cried so much when I dropped her off. Both times after picking her up the nursery workers told me she sat in their laps with her head on their chest the whole time. I feel so bad, BUT it also makes me SO HAPPY because she is attached to us now! Because of everything that has happened, my biggest fear is her feeling like we left her. That’s a fear I have to work through daily, but every night when I put her to bed I tell her over and over I’ll be here in the morning when she wakes up. 
She has started giving the BIGGEST HUGS and it melts my heart. 
She recently learned how to say pup pup and it’s so sweet:) She’s our little angel from heaven and my heart is just so full of thankfulness. 



6 comments:

melissa said...

She's just beautiful!

Unknown said...

She is so cute! God has a wonderful plan for you all!

ofwhomiamtheworst said...

Hey, Amy! We are still praising God with you that He created Annie for you. Just to give you some encouragement, Laiken did the exact same thing. I know he's a few months younger than Annie, but it was still the same thing -- he could sit up if we put him that way, but he couldn't sit himself up, and he'd get sooo frustrated. Also, once he managed to learn how to sit up in his crib, he didn't know how to lay himself back down... we spent many nights going in, laying him down, and repeating the cycle all night. Eventually, he just got the hang of it. Once he really started crawling well was when his ability to sit up and lay himself down all changed. He also barely ever rolled until he started crawling. Love you guys!

Jaclyn M said...

So thankful she is doing better with eating and also with her development. My oldest daughter had developmental delays also. In time you will forget that they ever existed. With as much love as you guys have for her, it is no wonder she is doing so well. She is absolutely the sweetest thing EVER.

Monica said...

She is a an angel. And her mama is too! :)

Chad and Corrisa said...

This post brings a smile to my face!!!! I love hearing about your little blessing!!!