Monday, September 26, 2011

the big court date...

Friday was Annie Rice’s big court date! Kaz woke up at 3am and said he was so excited, it felt like Christmas. So sweet! The day was absolutely perfect! It was a special time with Annie and then we were able to celebrate with our parents that night for dinner! Friday was the first day Annie Rice has worn shoes since we’ve had her:) She thought it was so funny when we would put them on her feet and then after we took them off she just played and played with them! It was a one time deal, those shoes anyway! I got them for $3 at Target just for that dress. I have to say I was very nervous about answering questions on the stand! I was so scared I was going to answer incorrectly! I made Kaz go first and I told him after that I’m so glad he did because our lawyer asked the date we got married...I KNOW the date BUT often forget the year! I was thankful Kaz answered first:) 
After court, we relaxed at home for a little while before our parents arrived. We put Annie Rice down for a nap and Kaz and I watched tv in bed with it raining outside on a Friday afternoon! That NEVER happens and I ENJOYED every minute of it! 
We had dinner at California Dreaming and it was oh so yummy!
It was a special day and we are so thankful everything went smoothly and very fast!
before court...






leaving the court house! 




at dinner!



showing off her bloomers!






10 comments:

Lisa @ Life is Crazy Beautiful said...

LOVE! What a happy & blessed day. I remember ours, but it was just in the judge's office...very laid back. Love that Mom & Daughter picture - you are both blessed beyond belief. God is just SO incredibly G-O-O-D!! The talking on the Get-Smart-Style-Shoe-Phone made me smile :)

elizabeth said...

Congratulations!!! I remember the court date for my oldest granddaughter's and only grandson's adoption. What tears of joy when the judge declared they were forever, legally a part of our family. It made me think of what joy there must be in heaven when we accept Christ and are adopted as God's children. I am overjoyed happy for you, Kaz and Annie Rice. BTW, I've always wondered how you chose her name?

Morgan said...

So so so so VERY happy for you and your family!

mom said...

It was a very happy day and Annie Rice is so blessed to have you and Kaz as her parents and I am so blessed to be her grandma !!!

amelia said...

Congratulations!1

Dawn said...

Such a special day! Sweet little shoes:)

Ashley said...

Perfect pictures! Congrats on your special day!

Faith said...

What a special day for your family! Annie Rice looks so pretty!

Brittany said...

Congratulations!! I totally remember the day we went to court for my sister. Such an amazing day!

Linda said...

Congratulations! What a special, special day!!!

Annie Rice is a doll baby and you three just make such a darling family!

God is so good...and I thank Him for blessing you all.

Your first comment is from my daughter Lisa... and I fondly remember their adoption day and what a blessing it was when they got their little blue-eyed, blonde, baby girl Bailey Elisabeth.

God is so amazing!

I loved the shoe/phone picture too!

Linda @ Truthful Tidbits