Tuesday, December 22, 2009

No Hablo Espanol….

Do you know how to speak Spanish? Well, I should but I don’t:( I took a couple Spanish classes in high school but I don’t remember anything…A couple funny stories about my ability to speak or understand Spanish

1. I went on a mission trip to Mexico about 12 years ago. When I went to introduce myself to a Hispanic boy I said Aloha instead of Holla!
2. A little history on me and Kaz…I was Kaz’s first girlfriend. He used to be so nervous in some of the little things…The first time he told me I was pretty he sent me an email (because at the time he lived in Charleston and I lived in Florence) in Spanish and told me I was pretty. I had absolutely no idea what he said and actually had to translate his email on a Spanish/English Translation site:) It was really sweet:)

The whole reason I’m bringing this up is because Sunday night driving back from church I “tried” speaking Spanish to Kaz. This is how far I got…

Holla! Mi LAMA (like the animal) Amy. He immediately started laughing…
So I tried again by counting…Uno, Dos, TRACE(like the name)….
Failed again….He said I mix Spanish with my country accent:)

Oh well, Maybe I’ll learn one day!!!

1 comment:

carissa said...

that is FUNNY. no spanish for you! ha ha!