Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Dedication....or insanity.....

So I went running this morning....in the SNOW! It was by far the coolest run I've ever had, AND also the hardest run I've ever had!

A little history about my running...
From the time I was 5-high school I played softball. Every summer growing up I played traveling softball, and then also in high school along with volleyball and basketball. When I got to college I started out on the FMU volleyball team but that was never my dream. A lot of other people encouraged me to play BUT I never wanted that....So I started playing intramural sports and then started running. I had to be active...It was something that I craved. In the peak of my running I was running around 5-6 miles a day. In high school I had Osgood Schlatters disease[in my right knee]. It didn't bother me as much in high school, but with running it killed me. It eventually got to the point where I couldn't even cross my legs because it hurt so much! I stopped running in 2008-September 2009. I simply couldn't do it...One day I could run 3 miles, the next day I could hardly walk. I had been to several doctors for the problem in high school and every one kept telling me it would go away[which is true...it should go away]. Mine never did[there's only like a 1-2% chance that it won't go away]. So my doctor told me I needed knee surgery[which happened in Feb 2009]. Since then, I haven't had any problems with my knee!
Since knee surgery I haven't really been motivated to run because I've been so busy with photography, and because of the emotional roller coaster I've been going through with infertility. I simply didn't care...BUT things changed back in November. Every thanksgiving my mom, dad, me and Kaz run in the Turkey Trot in Hartsville SC. I knew that I needed to start running in order to be able to run in the turkey trot. I started running and haven't been able to stop. I have that passion and desire again....I LOVE it!
I'm so thankful that the surgery was successful and that the Lord has blessed me with running again. My problem back in college with running was I was so hard on myself if I ever missed a day...Well I had that same problem today...I mentioned in yesterday's post that I got sick yesterday. I was still sick this morning AND it was snowing BUT I didn't care. I wanted to run! Kaz and I ran 2.3 miles. It was so beautiful running in the snow. We couldn't see the trail because everything was white, and the snow steadily came down while we ran...IT WAS BEAUTIFUL! The trail that we run up here in Illionios is in a park. It's a 1.5 mile loop that goes around a pond. At the pond there are hundreds of geese. LITERALLY....HUNDREDS. I'm always so scared when I see them because if they were to attack they would destroy us BUT if you clap they go in the other direction. They were so pretty this morning in the snow I didn't even care about clapping. It was honestly the coolest run I've ever experienced! Below is a picture from after our run!


No comments: