Wednesday, August 15, 2012

teaching there little hearts...

Lately, I have been reminded more and more what my role as mom is supposed to be. To train and teach this little girl about Jesus. She has been learning so much lately. Since I got back from NYC, I have been working on a little "learning center" for her room. Annie Rice is a very smart little girl. Kaz and I laugh about this, but it really shows her true little self...Every night, when we tell her to go get a book, the first thing she brings back is a set of flash cards. She loves to memorize stuff and she loves to be praised. It's like as soon as she realizes she knows something, she gets excited. I've been working on this little learning center to spend some time with her each day at BUT I was just telling Kaz last night how it wasn't going to be all about colors, numbers or the ABCs. While some of it will be, the majority of it will be teaching her scripture, bible stories, and doing really fun things to help teach her about the Lord. This morning, she made my morning. I was getting ready to go to the YMCA and she was still eating breakfast. I sat beside her and asked her like I do every morning before going to the YMCA, what the Golden rule was. Because I really want her to know when she's around other people she is supposed to be nice, kind, share, helpful, and love God. After she told me the golden rule, I asked her what John 3:16 was. Normally she will say, "only son". This morning she said, "For god so loved the world He gave Only son". She was so happy and started saying "yay" over and over. I was so happy, I started crying:) I didn't get it on video the first time, but asked her if she could say it again for daddy, and thankfully she did so I could get this little video. She's been saying it all morning! Her little heart is beautiful! My prayer is that she comes to know and understand what that verse means one day. 

1 comment:

elizabeth said...

So precious! She's very smart! I've always wondered how you chose the name Anne Rice?