Wednesday, October 20, 2010

He is GOOD...

We know that all things work together for good to those who love God . . .
—Romans 8:28

I have been convicted lately of my “lack of faith and prayer”. The last month I’ve been going through a really hard time…I have had ZERO motivation except for photography. The cause could be several things, but I just have not wanted to do one thing. In the afternoons, if I’m not working I just sit on the couch. If I go to a store, I feel like I just wander around looking at who knows what…. I have been unbelievably tired all the time….I have been sleeping A LOT….

Something [I know it was the Lord] changed my heart on Friday. It’s like I’m a completely different person than I have been this last month. I’m motivated, NOT tired, full of energy, etc. I can’t explain it on my own but it’s been huge! I’m so thankful…

BUT also, the Lord has really answered a lot of our prayers in the last month. There have been so many BIG request we have been praying since January. Slowly, in His timing He has been answering them. This morning I got one of the best emails I could have ever seen! I’m not going to go into detail BUT it’s HUGE for our family! No, it’s not with the adoption…BUT even in that I’m thankful. You see, I told Kaz about 2 weeks ago that I really wanted to believe that the Lord was good and faithful REGARDLESS of if we got a baby. I’ve been viewing Him through “baby goggles” and limiting Him to only that one prayer. I haven’t prayed about many other things except getting a baby, AND somewhere along the way I started believing He was ONLY faithful and good IF He gave us a baby. HOW WRONG WAS I?

So today, I’m thankful and I want to believe and know with all of my heart that HE does have a plan, HE is in control, HE is good AND faithful regardless of when and how we get a baby.

9 comments:

A Love Worth Waiting For.... said...

This post was such a HUGE encouragement to me today!!

THANK YOU!!

Hope you're having a good week!

Life Is Crazy Beautiful said...

What a wonderful revelation He gave you...blessings! Lisa

Timothy and Holly said...

You aren't alone in your thoughts, Thank you for being so encouraging and sharing your revelation.

Beth Priest said...

This is good and sooo true! He ALWAYS has our holiness and BEST intrest at heart!

Miranda said...

I truly needed to hear this :-)
I'm so happy that you're feeling better - have a great week! :-)

Trendy Ink Designs said...

I needed this today! Thank you for sharing your heart. :)

Stephanie said...

What a great post. It's easy to get so consumed by wanting a baby that you let everything else go. I have been there too. Thanks for an encouraging post today.

Anonymous said...

amen! that is often the only truth i know to cling to - God is good and He is faithful - all the time, every day, in every possible way i could fathom or imagine, and even in the ones i can't. praise Him!

Following the Friedmans said...

I've always wanted to keep a journal full of my prayers, those answered and those answered differently than I was expecting. Sometimes I become so caught up in what I want and I become frustrated because I don't see Him working. I think looking back on it years later it will help me remember how great His plan always is (especially when its different from my plan).