Monday, August 01, 2011

pounding the road...

Well, let's face it. This last month, I haven't had a ton of time to exercise NOR have I really wanted too! I have enjoyed every second with Annie Rice and wouldn't change it for anything! BUT it's time to start back running and eating healthy! I have come a long way in my weight loss journey...AND I'M HAPPY TO SAY that I have reached my first goal of 155! That's what I weighed when Kaz and I got married! When I started loosing weight in January 2010, I weighed 193. Total weight loss so far is 38 pounds...I have come down 4-6 pants sizes and 2 shirt sizes! When I look back at pictures, I'm floored. When I started, I had a 2nd goal in mind, AND NOW I can officially move forward towards that goal, which is 145! 10 more pounds. 
August 2009
 December 2009
March 2011
April 2011
a few weeks before getting married....THEN compared to NOW...
 NOW...
Back in May, I took the summer off from running because South Carolina is just way too hot...AND I'm not an early riser and if I put running off until late at night, I won't do it! So instead, I started walking 3-4 miles a day, which I enjoyed thoroughly! BUT, my goal for running again was August 1st. We are back in training for another half marathon AND I MUST SAY, it's a lot harder training, pushing a stroller. Don't get me wrong, I'm SO THANKFUL to be pushing that stroller but it's a lot harder to run. I know it will get easier, but for now I'm struggling! We recently bought a BOB stroller and I love it! It makes a world of a difference from our old jogging stroller. 

SO I'm back to running, eating "better", and fighting for those 10 extra pounds! AND I'm fighting to wear my old favorite pair of jeans again[I haven't worn them since 2008]! I can put them on, button and zip, but they are just a tad too tight for me, BUT NOT FOR LONG!

9 comments:

Jemsmom said...

You go girl! Your hard work has paid off! You look fantastic! I am wanting to try a half marathon. I can do it! You are an inspiration!!

Cary Dale Taylor said...

You look great. You inspire me in so many ways.

Jaclyn M said...

Good for you!! Think of me while you are running.... I still have about 15 pounds to lose, but not the desire :(

Abby said...

Good job girl!! I needed that nudge of inspiration today! I've got 30+ lbs that I need to lose and I need to hit the pavement!

Brittany said...

That is awesome!!!

Linda said...

What a cute couple you are. You are beautiful and Kaz is handsome! Add in that sweet little Annie Rice...and you have Beautiful Family!!!!

Congratulations on your weight loss. You are doing great. I am trying to get geared up to lose some myself. For starters I would like to lose 38 pounds. But with several health issues that will probably take me a long time. But I am starting a walking program today.

At 60 I am not very active, and that is one of my problems.

Well, anyway...I am so happy that things are going so well for you.

Love,
Linda

Kim Fudge said...

You can do it girl! :)

Ashley said...

You look fantastic!

Misty said...

Running with a baby (AKA: stroller) is challenging. We purchased a BOB Utility Stroller (locked from wheel) which made a ton of difference. It rolls so nice and our sweet baby girl falls asleep each and every time.

Good luck!!!