Monday, December 21, 2009

A good friend and an engagement.....

So I have this friend Amanda…
Amanda and I grew up in Patrick, SC and our parents land literally touches but we were never friends growing up. We went to the same church, are fairly close in age, but attended different high schools. I’m unsure of why we weren’t friends but we just weren’t. In 2005 I moved down to Charleston to be closer to Kaz (when we were dating) and Amanda had just started at the College of Charleston ....for various reasons we met up randomly for dinner….and the friendship began! Amanda is one of my closet friends now. She was such a big part of mine and Kaz’s relationship. Over the last few years, she has had her eye on 1 guy (Bradley), who just happens to be one of Kaz’s good friends. Amanda and I have prayed for so long for this relationship. Back in August, they started dating and got engaged this past Friday night! I’m so excited for them!!!! Now I know this is a random post, but the whole point of it is that the Lord is faithful to His children and is faithful in His promise to give us the desires of our hearts. Bradley and Amanda have both been so patient and faithfully prayed for one another and the right timing to date, and eventually be together. I remember all those times Amanda would call me frustrated because things were awkward, or she just wanted to give up, BUT the Lord was faithful and heard her cry and has given her not only a best friend but a Godly man who patiently waited and listened to the Lord and His plan. The Lord is good and wants only the best for His children.

Psalm 37:4
Delight yourself in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart.

Psalm 100:5
For the LORD is good and his love endures forever; his faithfulness continues through all generations.

So whatever you are struggling with right now…Remember the Lord hears your cry. HE is FAITHFUL and GOOD. I have to remind myself of this daily….

Congratulations Amanda and Bradley! Kaz and I are so happy for you!!! Below are a few pictures of my sweet friend Amanda!

Amanda is on the far right........





Bradley is on the far left....

The happy couple......

1 comment:

Pam said...

Congrats Amanda!!! I'm so happy for you!