Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Running......in 23 degree weather.....

I've decided to train for a half-marathon! I started the training the day after Christmas...Saturday and Sunday me and my dad ran 3 miles each day in Hartsville SC. I loved getting to spend time with him,  but I also love running through Hartsville. It's such a neat town and has so many old historic streets. [Right now]I run about an 11 minute mile, which isn't fast but for now my concern is not the time, it's distance.
Kaz and I flew up to St. Louis yesterday and I knew that running up here would be a problem because it's so cold...BUT I told Kaz I didn't care how cold it was I wanted to run....So this morning I woke up, put on 3 layers of clothes and we started our run. It was very hard and when we finished I couldn't feel my legs but we did it...3.4 miles! It was 23 degrees this morning, and we literally ran through snow and ice. To tell you how hard of a run it was[due the coldness and we ran on a dirt trail instead of pavement] I ran 10 minutes slower than the previous 3 mile runs! Afterwards I felt great....Now I'm sick:(
It's supposed to snow tonight, but I've already told Kaz no matter how bad I feel, or how cold it is I still want to run tomorrow...even if its just a mile! I'll keep you posted:) Below are a few pictures before our run from this morning...


 
Also, if you are a runner check out Runner's World Online. It's a great place to keep track of your runs, routes, miles, etc. You can actually customize routes online before you leave the house and it will tell you how far the route is! Very Cool!!!! Check it out....

1 comment:

Beth Priest said...

you are doing better than me! I def want to do some runs together to keep me accountable! oh but the cold weather...it is so hard on my chest. maybe if I bundle up like yall did.