Tuesday, August 07, 2012

my TV debut...

The episode of Army Wives finally came on that I was an extra in a few months ago! I have been so excited to see it all play out on TV.  My 9 hour day of filming came across in 5 minutes on TV but it was pretty cool to watch:) Let me tell you a little about how this all came to be...It really goes to show the Lord answers SMALL and BIG prayers. I honestly never watched Army Wives until this year. We got the apple TV in March and I went back and watched the previous seasons because they filmed in Charleston and I wanted to watch it. I got hooked immediately and really caught up all the seasons by the time the 5th season was on TV. One night I was watching it, and I saw our preschool director on the show..plain as day. I sent her an email to tell her how good she did and she replied back saying thanks, she filmed as much as she could when her scheduled allowed it. SO, me being the TV and celebrity junkie I am, I did some research and signed up to be an extra. I prayed really hard that I would get a phone call and woke Kaz up at midnight to tell him I signed up. He wasn't surprised at all! Literally, not even 2 weeks later, I got an email asking if I was available for a certain day. I called my mom to see if she could come down and watch Annie Rice, and replied back to the email with "YES". The night before, I didn't sleep any. I had to be on set by 4am. Within the first hour I was there, I saw a friend who I haven't seen in a long time, and we became set buddies all day! She told me she was an extra as much as they allowed her, and that this particular day was going to be the biggest event she had ever been too, because instead of having 25-50 extras, there was over 300! It was such a fun day and  my first scene I could literally reach out and touch Michael Holden and Joan Burton. It was so cool! Looking back, the Lord's hand was all over this! Army Wives is no longer filming in Charleston so I got in right at the end..There are so many cool things the Lord did through that day, and I'm really thankful I got to be apart of a TV show even if it was only 10 seconds that I was on screen:)


I'm right in the middle. 

Here's the clip. If you see me in the beginning you can follow me until it ends:)

1 comment:

Hilary said...

I remembered you talking about this in an older post, and when I was watching it, I thought that might be in this episode. I looked really hard, but couldn't find you! How exciting, though! Do you know where they're filming now?