Tuesday, March 13, 2012

HE IS SO GOOD....

One thing I know for sure...The Lord’s plan is perfect. I may not always understand it, but I know that His plan for me is the best thing possible in this world. Annie Rice has been the biggest blessing in our life. I look at her every day and wonder how did I get so lucky to have her as my daughter. She was loved before we ever met her...and our heart has grown with so much love for her it could probably explode!  Before we adopted Annie Rice, we knew that she had special needs. We were told her development was a lot worse than it actually was. Since we have gotten her, she has grown so much! She has achieved so many things that she couldn’t do before...At 12 months old, she could roll over and sit up if you put her in that position. That was it! She couldn’t crawl, sit up on her own, hold her own bottle, etc. I can honestly say up until around December, her delays never bothered me. It was something I simply didn't’ struggle with...But after hearing multiple comments from different people, our pediatrician, and even people we didn’t know I let Satan get a wedge in, and this area started to bother me. Play dates with friends who had 6-7 months old, started bothering me because they could do more than Annie Rice could and she was 17-18 months old. I have seen myself get more and more defensive with others when it comes to her development because I have just wanted everyone to see just how far she’s come...I wanted people to see what I have seen her do! But the truth is, it shouldn’t be anyone else’s concern. Annie Rice is loved and she has grown and developed and that should be it....but it’s not that simple:( It has been a daily struggle for me. She started physical therapy and seeing an early interventionist about 3 weeks ago...I think that has added to my struggle because I’m told every week where she should be...Sunday, was one of the hardest days that I’ve had with her development. I struggled all day, talked to Kaz, talked to friends and held back the tears....I just struggled. I KNEW HOW FAR SHE HAD COME BUT I WANTED HER TO WALK....And I know that she will walk just not in my timing...On Monday, she had PT and I had planned on really talking to the PT about some of my concerns. I woke up that morning and prayed that the Lord would do big things that day....I could have jumped up and down with what he did do! My sweet baby girl took 3 steps on her own during PT. She hasn’t taken any since but that’s not the point. The point is, she did it! She has started pushing her shopping cart more and more....taking about 15-25 steps each time she pushes it. I am so proud of her...She bucks and fights us pushing her, but it’s the same way the Lord pushes us. We may not like it, and even though it’s good for us, at the time we are comfortable where we are....It’s amazing how much the Lord shows me through those 2 little eyes. While my struggles with her development will not disappear, I’m thankful that the Lord has given me the strength to keep fighting through them, and that HE is continuing to do big things in this sweet little girls life. I am blessed beyond words....












11 comments:

Chrissie said...

God is good. So glad that you saw His hand at work. Your baby girl is made perfectly in His image.

Elizabeth Edwards said...

God is so good all the time. how exciting. what will she do next?!! i bet you just can not wait to see. so thankful. (:

Abby said...

How wonderful!

Lisa @ Life is Crazy Beautiful said...

Yay Annie Rice!! You are right to want to focus on her progress and accomplishments. God is awesome, no doubt! Try to dump the comparisons (I learned the mental eye-roll when a doctor suggested human growth hormone for our daughter when she was little - she grew to be the height God intended, 5' 2'' - absolutely nothing wrong with that!). Even when she's an adult you'll find other parents who compare your kids because they are competitive. It is so completely pointless.

Ginger said...

Annie Rice is so precious, I know you are so proud of each of her accomplishments. Who cares where others THINK she should be??? GOD has her right where HE wants her to be, allowing you and Kaz and MeMe and PaPa and friends to see all her 1st times at everything, that is special. One day you will look back and she will be all grown up and you want think about her being behind according to HUMANS , you will just be amazed at the young woman she has become. There is probably someone out there that is struggling with some of your same concerns, God will use you or maybe even Annie Rice when she get older to say, hey look at where I was and where I am now. Looks like Lisa did that in her comments. Enjoy each accomplishment as they come, continue to help Annie Rice and she will learn all the things a little girl needs to know, you are more than on the right track teaching her the most important thing in life, about JESUS !!! Keep up the good job Amy Congrats Annie Rice I am going to laugh when they can't run fast enough to catch you. LOL

Allyce said...

This is so amazing and like you have said before, it is so special that you get to see so many of her FIRSTS. She is just perfect for you and your family! She is so darn cute!

will + adri said...

Yay Annie Rice! Cherish her every accomplishment and burst with pride! Don't let anyone else burst your bubble!

L said...

Aww Amy!! I just found your blog. I love your story, the Lord has been putting adoption on my heart so heavily in the last few months. Your story really touched my heart today. Your daughter is absolutely beautiful, you guys have done a wonderful job raising her. Look how sweet she is in those pictures and walking!! =) Praise God for His goodness to us!! Stay encouraged friend, the Lord is teaching you wonderful things through your precious baby girl =)
Much Love,
L

allglorious-within.blogspot.com

Jonathan and Rachel said...

She is precious and I am so proud of her:) What a treasure!

lara said...

Your words are very encouraging to me. I am going through something very similar with my adopted daughter. I have printed out your last post and praying to God that the plan He has is the best plan.

Chad and Corrisa said...

This is such exciting news!!!! God's timing is perfect in all He does! Annie Rice is a true miracle and is such a huge blessing to so many. Your words are always such an encouragement and reminder of God's perfect faithfulness.