Tuesday, February 09, 2010

Me, Kaz, and the capital of country music.....

Last Thursday, Kaz and I went to Nashville, TN! I attended the Blissdom conference and Kaz went along to  have a little RNR. Here’s a little about our trip…..

Thursday we drove….and we drove…..and we drove! It was a 9 hour drive but it wasn’t bad…Well, I say it wasn’t bad but I didn’t drive:) We got to Nashville and the weather was awful! It’s rained the whole time we were there. We didn’t do a lot Thursday night. We went to eat at Outback and then just watched a movie in the room! Now Kaz and I have been eating pretty healthy, so to go to Outback and have a blooming onion we felt very guilty afterwards so Friday morning we got up at 6 and ran 3 miles. He really pushed me…by the end we were both running at a 9 minute mile pace…That only lasted about 2 minutes for me:(

Friday was the conference![I’m going to talk more about it tomorrow!] The conference was at the Opryland Hotel. Have you ever been? It’s amazing! It’s huge and honestly you could spend an entire day just doing stuff inside! When I first walked in I was amazed because they have a rain forest inside[well really 3 or 4]. Below are a few pictures from inside the hotel…


[these pictures were taken with my phone]
One thing, that I LOVE is meeting celebrities! While I was there, I got to meet George Duran. He actually cooked for all the ladies:) The meal was delicious! I’m going to try to find the recipe online and share it with you!
Friday night, was the Harry Connick Jr performance at the Fuse nightclub inside the Opryland Hotel. Let me just say…I HAVE the best husband in the world. The conference was all women BUT I saw a lot of their husbands with them, so I honestly thought they would come to the concert that night…Well, I was wrong. Kaz was 1 out of the 3 men…OUT OF 300 women....I felt so bad but he didn’t mind at all! We didn’t stay very long….I like Harry Connick Jr but he said somethings that made me very disappointed in him, so we left.
BUT we then went to see Dear John! Now, I loved this movie but then again I’ve never read the book so I don’t know how the full story goes. I also liked the fact that it was mostly filmed in Charleston because we recongnized a lot of places!

Saturday, was the conference again. I finished up around 5 and Kaz and I headed downtown Nashville to find a place to eat. The whole time we were there I kept telling Kaz we needed to go to the Wildhorse Saloon. I remember growing up and seeing it on CMT, and used to always want to be there line dancing. We got there right when they opened and it was really neat because they taught us how to country line dance. There were people there of all ages…85 years old right down to us! We only danced 1 time, but it was fun to watch the other people. The food was great and we got to listen to a up and comming band from Myrtle Beach-Brother Trouble…If you’re ever in Nashville you should definitely check it out! It was a lot of fun!
Hey Carissa-I wore my yellow sweater:)

Sunday, our trip was over:( BUT we had a great time together…and I can’t wait until we visit Nashville again!

Photobucket

3 comments:

carissa said...

oh so much fun!!! so glad you guys had a blast. you looked beautiful as always - i'm so happy you wore the yellow sweater. it makes me smile. : ) can't wait to hear more!!!

Ewww said...

How nice that you and Kaz got to spend time together. Can't wait to hear all about Blissdom!!! I'm going to start saving up because I would love to go next year ;-)

Great pictures...I'm impressed with the camera on your iphone.

Anonymous said...

Wowee! Sounds like a great weekend. That's very cool that Kaz came along and you two made the weekend so much more than a conference.

Stopping by from SITS!