Wednesday, February 10, 2010

some healthy treats....

I’m going to share 2 delicious and HEALTHY recipes with you….
Manpineberry smoothy

Strawberries

+

Pineapple

+

Mango

+

Peaches

+

a little orange juice

+

Ice


= Fantastic healthy smoothie! And a sweet treat!


This next recipe...I can’t remember the name of it…So I’m going to call it Mango delight! Let me tell you a little about this recipe….Back when I was in 8th grade, we had an Acteens sleepover at church and my cousin Pam decided we would make foods from other countries. This recipe was from another country although I can’t remember which one..It’s only been 13 years since then…I’m doing pretty good just to remember the recipe!

This is the perfect sweet BUT healthy snack during the day!

2 mangos
1 small tub of fat free cool whip
1 teaspoon of vanilla flavoring
Thinly sliced almonds
Orange juice

Put a little orange juice in a blender[just enough to cover the blade]. Cut up the mango, put it along with the vanilla flavoring in the blender and mix together. If it’s too thick add a little more orange juice, BUT you don’t want it soupy like liquid…It needs to be a little thick. Mix all of that with the cool whip, add the sliced almonds on top….AND you have a great dip! I personally like to eat it with celery. It’s the perfect healthy BUT sweet snack during the day…and low calorie:)

Do you have healthy snacks that you love? If so, I’d love to hear them!



Photobucket

6 comments:

Rhonda said...

That smoothie sounds delicious. Of course I would throw in a couple of handfuls of spinach to make it even healthier. Green Smoothies...yummmy!

Pam said...

I can't believe you remembered this!!! I'll have to rack my brain to remember what country we were studying....thinking somewhere is South America. Looks YUMMY!

Ewww said...

Yum! Thank you for posting these. I need to make a trip to Whole Foods to grab some fruits and veggies.

Beth Priest said...

So I have to point out that you PROMISED in your last post to blog about the blissdom conference and then you didn't! Its ok. I have just been waiting for it ; ). Also! you do have blog design ADD. Its okay, I still love you and I LOVE your new blog look! Hey can we have comm at your house on monday? I have a "meeting" at the church. = )

carissa said...

yes, this indeed looks like it would be full of delish! i love the name of it too! i can't believe you changed your blog design!!! you make me laugh! i'm so happy the yellow sweater made it to your header - i think that means it's famous now. : )

Rachel said...

YUM! That smoothie sounds DELISH, even my kids an hubby would lap that up!