Monday, May 28, 2012

potty training adventures....

I am not doing potty training seriously. I wasn't planning at all to do it for awhile, but for the last few weeks Annie Rice will tell me before she has to go. She will say, "Stinky" every time. I ask does she have to stinky or pee pee and she will tell me which one! So we decided to take advantage of the situation and get her use to the potty. At first, I bought a little seat that you sit on the toilet. That worked well for awhile, but it's so hard for her sit up there on it...She was recently diagnosed with low muscle tone and her stomach muscles are already so weak, so the whole time she would constantly shake because it's so hard for her sit. So this week we went to Target to get a small potty. She loves this app on our iPad that has Elmo teaching about the ABCs. Other than that app, she's never watched Elmo. BUT she's been saying Melmo, Melmo constantly! So of course, when I asked which potty she wanted, she said Melmo! She's doing great:) She's pee pee's on the potty almost every time...The times she doesn't, we aren't home so she doesn't have the option. Now we just have to work on the stinky part...That will be a challenge because that always happens when she sleeps. It's very rare for it to happen other than nap or nite nite time! BUT we've been having a lot of fun! She's gotten a lot of "nummies-gummy worms" for pee peeing on the potty, and she gets so excited when she goes;)




She put on my glasses the other day while on the potty...She was amazed that she could see so much more stuff:)






3 comments:

The Wallace Family said...

That's awesome!! My daughter is 2 and she takes a little interest in it on certain days! We aren't consistent and I always feel like I have to have her trained or I should have already, but I have decided that she will when she wants and I can't force her!! Annie Rice is so cute and how great that she tells you when she has to go, we usually get told when she is doing it!! Great job:)

Jonathan and Rachel said...

We have a cat named Melmo...when we found her, our niece was a big fan of Elmo too and said his name the same way:) Annie Rice is so cute and growing up so much!

melissa said...

My girls love Elmo as well! I'll have to note the Emlo potty for when try this adventure!