So yesterday I told you about some of the projects we have been working on...Well, those were really the big ones but I’ve been working on several small projects! For Christmas, I asked Kaz for a sewing class! I knew some of the basics but wanted to really learn how to sew clothes for Annie Rice..you know, some of the super cute ones that cost a fortune! Well, this sewing class has come in handy in more ways than one! We have been re-doing the guest room, that used to be my former office..When we started with a blank room, I knew I wanted to use the colors gray, yellow, and white! That along with apple green, gray, and white are my 2 favorite color schemes right now! So we painted the room gray, Kaz made a new headboard, and I had to add yellow accents! I already had yellow curtains that my friend Anne made but needed pillows! I ordered 2 pillows off of Etsy for $22 and loved the way they came out! BUT this week, I bought some of my all time fabric fabric[that comes in many colors] to reupholster the chair in that room. I decided to attempt to make a pillow! Well, not just any pillow because I can make a typical pillow but one that I can just inset pillows I already have in the house! JUST like the ones I ordered off of Etsy. I didn’t really know what I was doing, but decided it shouldn’t be too hard, set my mind to it, and 20 minutes later I had the finished product! It turned out SUPER and you would never know which was the “true professional one” verses mine! Can you tell?
Well, I made the one with the gray bird on it! I made a smaller gray one for the chair the exact same way! Instead of cutting 2 strips the same size, I cut 3. 1 was for the front, 2 for the back. On the 2 back pieces I added a hem, put all of them right sides together, and sewed all the way around! Once I flipped it, I could just insert the pillow! My measurements were not the best way to go about it, but the easiest for me. I made the new pillows by comparing the size of the pillows I had to insert:)
We also put up some pictures! We took old window panels, measured them, and printed 1 picture to fit the size of the frames!
This is the new chair! It was covered in a blue fabric for our dinning room but now it’s completely different and in the guest room!
I love how it’s all coming together and hope to post the whole room very soon:)