Wednesday, January 05, 2011

it’s gonna be here real soon....

my first half marathon is NEXT SAT! I’ve got less than 2 weeks! I’m super EXCITED BUT REAL NERVOUS! I’ve been running so much lately AND LOVED every minute of it[well most of the time:)]
When I was at my parents the week of Christmas I ran everyday in Hartsville! I love running in Hartsville..it’s a nice little town with some really cool homes. The 2nd day of running I had an experience that I will never EVER forget! 
I run the same route in Hartsville because I love the scenery. It’s a 5 mile loop and I usually only have 1 dog encounter. He’s a friendly[can you hear the sarcasm?] yellow lab. He LOVES to sneak up behind me then bark ferociously! One day he’s going to make me wet my pants! I was at my favorite part of the run when suddenly 2 dogs started chasing me along a park fence that would eventually open up...I decided to turn around and as soon as I did I could see 2 more dogs coming in the distance barking. I panicked and didn’t know what I was going to do! THANKFULLY a city of Hartsville truck with 3 men came driving by. I stopped them and asked if I could ride on the back on the truck past the dogs! It was probably the most random encounter they’ve had BUT they saved the DAY! They came at the perfect time! I’m just THANKFUL that you can still trust complete strangers!
Saturday Kaz wanted to run the Ravenel Bridge. I haven’t ran it since we were engaged and there’s a reason why! UPHILL! I HATE RUNNING UPHILL! This bridge is very steep and LONG! It was challenging BUT I DID IT! I’m even going back this week!
Kaz took these pictures when we finished...I didn’t realize he was taking them but I actually LOVE them because I look really skinny! Ha! I lost 35 pounds in 2010 and have 8 more to go to reach my goal! I’M ALMOST there!








2 weeks....13.1 miles....it’s gonna be here SOON!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I can't wait to see how your race goes! And unleashed dogs are the only thing I don't like about running. I had a lot of mean dog run-ins over the summer. How cool of those guys to help you avoid the dogs!

Ashley said...

Congrats on the weight loss- you look great! Good luck with the marathon!