Thursday, August 05, 2010

thank you......

First, I just wanted to start by saying thank you for all your encouraging words yesterday….I wish that I didn’t sound so down but one of the main reasons I started this blog was to be real and open with this whole process because I wanted to be an encouragement to other women battling the same thing. It’s funny how the Lord works…..The past few days have been so hard for me, and I’m still struggling but I’m thankful. I got an email this morning from a friend who I met through Bethany who is also adopting. We’ve emailed each other often just to vent and kind of let out how we are feeling. She too is frustrated and hurting….BUT as I read it I thought as I often have right now this is where the Lord is using me. Finding a ministry to fit in has been very difficult for me the last year or so because I’ve been so busy working 2 jobs…... At the lowest point of this journey, Kaz and I had no one that was going through this same experience….No one could relate, so after much thought, debate, and prayer I decided to start this blog….It’s been so encouraging hearing the stories of other women who are battling the same thing and even at times just to hear how I’ve been an encouragement. This morning when I read my friends email I was reminded once again that I’m exactly where I’m supposed to be for a season. The LORD HAS GREAT PLANS FOR US, but He’s not done yet using us. And I’m okay with that….It’s not fun, It’s not easy, and It’s very emotional but faith is what we can’t see….

I’m still struggling today but I do have hope. This could change tomorrow-It’s an every day battle BUT I’m determined to fight.

I know there are so many of you who are hurting right now….What better way to fight through this than to be committed to praying for one another. I would love to put together a prayer list for those interested….What better way to feel encouraged than for women to pray for one another. Please email me if you are interested…..

Take heart dear friends….WE are not alone….

“But those who wait on the Lord will find new strength. They will fly high on wings as eagles. They will run and not grow weary. They will walk and not faint” (Isaiah 40:31).

1 comment:

ofwhomiamtheworst said...

Praying for you and Kaz, Amy. I don't think I have words that are comforting enough to "fix" the hurt and frustration, but please know that Kevin and I are lifting your family up in prayer as God (slowly!) reveals His plans for you guys. I look forward to the day when we get to meet your sweet baby, whenever that day may be. I am so confident that God has a family intended for you, just like your heart desires, even if it isn't in our timing. Love you guys SO much. Our hearts ache knowing yours are aching right now.