Tuesday, August 10, 2010

The Land Between…..

I have so MUCH on my heart and mind right now….This past week was the hardest week I’ve had yet in the adoption process. Something happened on Friday that completely caught me off guard and to be honest made me so upset…..[I will tell you about this in another post]. At first, I was just plain mad, but then as time went on I was thankful that the Lord had me where I was at….You see, I don’t normally work on Thursdays and Fridays at my accounting job. My schedule is Monday-Wed, but last week I had to attend The Leadership Summit put on by Willow Creek Church.

Friday morning my mind was full of the things that I had to do over the weekend. I was traveling a lot so my mind was continuously racing. The first training on Friday was titled The Land Between….

Listening to the message, was different….I heard every word, knew that’s where I was, but couldn’t quite figure out how to apply it to my life. At the end of the message I got a phone call that completely changed my whole day, and required me to fight hard to walk by faith…..It wasn’t until later that day that I realized the Lord had a specific reason for having me in that seminar…

I wish I could put into words what I’ve learned so far about the land between, but the Author Jeff Manion of the book “The Land Between” says it best in this video…

http://www.blip.tv/file/3918214

I’m excited to read this book….I started last night and already was overwhelmed by emotions and truth. Kaz and I are in a hard place….and we don’t know how to move forward through it faithfully, but are praying that the Lord shows us as we study this book and His word….

What do you think about the Land Between? Have you ever been there? Are you there now?

Exodus 3:17 And I have promised to bring you up out of your misery in Egypt into the land of the Canaanites, Hittites, Amorites, Perizzites, Hivites and Jebusites--a land flowing with milk and honey

3 comments:

T said...

You have me so curious about this phone call!

I feel like I have been in a land between for 5 years now. I am ready to cross the bridge!!!

michelle ellis said...

I constantly feel like I am in a land between. I am working on trying to enjoy the present more...because once it's gone, I can't get it back. It's my focus recently.

Design Apprentice said...

Like your other two readers, I also feel stuck in a between period. I hope you're doing okay, Amy. Know you and Kaz are in my prayers.