Sunday, January 10, 2010

Saying goodbye to a dear friend[not a person].....

I'm trying really really hard to give up my friend Mr. Diet Coke! It's been 1 week since I've last seen him and I must say I can already tell a difference in how I feel[in a good way]. You see I drank Diet Coke WAY TOO MUCH! I blame it on my parents[NOT REALLY] but I do kid around with them and Kaz about it. See growing up my dad would always wake me up before he left for work, and every morning he would bring me a little cup of Diet Coke! In college, I really starting drinking more of it and it came to a point for a few years where I wouldn't drink anything else ALL day EXCEPT Diet Coke! It was the first thing I thought about grabbing in the morning...That's really bad....BUT I'm trying to stop completely. My dad hasn't had any soda in over a year...I'm trying to give it up for good! There's nothing wrong with drinking it, but for me I can't just have 1! Goodbye dear friend....



Also, I'm HAPPY to say I've lost 17 pounds since Dec!!!! I recently started back running and I've been tring to lose weight also. My 1st goal is 20 more pounds[then I will weigh what I did when Kaz and I got married]. 2nd goal is 20 pounds on top of that[then I will weigh what I did starting college]. The 2nd goal may not be a possibility but I'm going to try hard. I have a lot more muscle from playing sports for so long, so I always weigh a lot more than I actually look! Today was my 3rd week straight training for a half marathon and I ran 5 miles! It was definitely hard and my pace slowed down a good bit BUT I DID IT!

This also marks the 2nd week that Kaz and I have been juicing[to see what we juice keep scrolling down to previous post]. Today we started adding 1 kiwi to the mix and it is so good. My mouth now waters for this juice every morning. I've replaced my breakfast with 1 glass[about 10 oz] and starting this week my mid morning snack is going to be another glass! Below are 2 pictures of the juicing. Be prepaid it LOOKS really good!
1 batch[what I drink in a day]




Looks good right? I'm continuing forward on this "heathly" journey!
Photobucket

5 comments:

Beth Priest said...

im not gonna lie the juice and the diet coke look good! 17lbs is fabulous! man-i really want to lose 10-15!

carissa said...

17 lbs since dec. is very impressive. way to go on your weight loss goals!!! but, i think if you lost a total of 60 lbs you wouldn't even exist. just sayin...

Rhonda said...

Congrats on your weightloss! That is awesome! You can so totally kick the Diet Coke to the curb. I am now 2 years free from that stuff! I was so much like you on how much I drank!

That juicing does look good. I drink green smoothies! I love it, and crave it every day like I use to crave D.Coke!

Melissa Miller said...

Congrats on all of the healthy changes! You are doing so well. I'm inspired all over again!

You CAN stop the diet cokes. Believe me if I can you can too.
I drank about 3 per day and I haven't had one since September of 09. Yay! I feel fantastic!

I have always wondered about juicing. I'll have to read more about it.

Come by my blog anytime! ~Melissa :)

teresa-bug said...

Great goals! I am jealous of the 17 pounds since December. I gave up pop last March and haven't had one since. I don't miss it...most of the time. I am also new to juicing. It is so yummy!