Monday, April 25, 2011

denver and the barr trail...

On Saturday, we decided to go to Denver. We got up early Saturday morning to make our way to Rocky Mountain National Park just a little past Denver. It was supposed to rain on Saturday and we really wanted to hike, so we decided to get an early start to at least get a little bit of hiking in before the rain started. We got maybe 25 miles from the Park and the snow was coming down so hard we decided to turn around. I was REALLY bummed about this because the park looked absolutely beautiful in pictures online and I LOVE doing stuff like that with Kaz
So we turned around, and went into the city of Denver for a bit. We walked around downtown, ate some good food, and shopped a little. Denver is a really cool town with SO MUCH to do! Unfortunately, the weather wasn't the greatest so we had limited options BUT I would love to go back again! Once we got back to Colorado Springs, we decided to go see a movie since the weather was so yukky!
On Sunday, we went to church AND THEN went to REI. Now, REI is Kaz's favorite store. I've come to really like outdoor-sy stuff BUT I was super excited this time because he told me he would buy me some NEW, WARMER gear to hike in that afternoon...I didn't exactly come prepared for the weather...When I left home, the weather was supposed to be mid 60s...It's instead been between 30-45 everyday and snowy! SO he bought me a new vest, undershirt, and socks! I was SUPER STOKED and couldn't wait to start hiking!
We hiked about 4 miles of the Barr Trail. It was SO MUCH FUN, but very challenging because I still had so much congestion. The hike couldn't have been any better...It was one of my most favorite times with Kaz. Nothing excites him more than to hike with me! Seriously, he's so happy! Not only did we have a really fun time BUT it was also SO GORGEOUS! I loved seeing hundreds of Cypress trees covered in snow...AND it even lightly snowed while we hiked. It honestly couldn't have been a better day! 
I told Kaz I would hike, bike, run, or whatever he wanted to do ANYTIME if he bought me new clothes:) HaHa. I LOVED seeing him SO HAPPY! Our Easter Sunday together was perfect!














6 comments:

carissa said...

Colorado is my favorite place second to CA of course. : ) I'm so glad you could go visit Kaz. I like your hiking outfit! I'd hike for clothes any day! Such gorgeous scenery. I miss you too! Hope you are all over your cold.

mom said...

I know it is beautiful there. I love you new vest. The color is beautiful. I am so glad you and Kaz are having a great time. There's nothing better then family time together. Love you guys !!!

Makai said...

You and your husband take really great pictures together! Hope your feeling better!

julie said...

your hair has gotten SOOO long! it's been too long since i've seen you in person. glad you are having fun! hope to see you soon!!

Tiffany said...

Looks fun! Now I want to go to Colorado. Hiking is one thing Patrick and I love to do together too!! :) Have a safe trip back!

Unknown said...

The snow covered trees are beautiful! So glad ya'll had a good time.