Tuesday, June 12, 2012

a year ago today, was a very hard day....

I remember the day like it was yesterday...I woke up-It was Monday, June 13th 2011. I wasn’t completely all there...You see, today a year ago was a very hard day...If I only knew what the next day would bring... June 12 2011, we found out that the birth mom we had been matched with for so long, had her baby boy. We were told 3 months before that she was 50% sure she was going to parent him, but she just wasn’t sure. Our “status” hadn’t changed...we had been back on the waiting list since February 12th, but our hearts had been through a huge emotional roller coaster. We were secretly hoping she would still give this baby boy up for adoption...We had planned for so long to have a baby around last June, but it didn’t seem like at the time, that would happen. I got up on that Monday morning, June 13th, sad and knowing God had a plan, but not really applying that to my life. I got up, went for a run, and prayed that we would hear from our worker that day...BUT I didn’t really believe it. 
It’s amazing for me to look back on that day. It seemed like the days that I believed and trusted in the Lord the most, we heard nothing...and the one day that I didn’t believe 1 truth at all, we got a phone call about the sweetest little girl. We really shouldn’t have gotten that phone call. On all of our paperwork, we put down we were only okay with a newborn-6 month old. The phone call we got was about an 11 month old...It didn’t take long for me to realize that 11 month old was our daughter. And this was the very first picture that we saw of her....
What an AWESOME God we serve....

3 comments:

Ashley said...

how sweet. makes me want to cry to see that pic. that face reminds me so much of anna right now. God is so good. so so good.

carissa said...

can't believe it has been a year. best one ever! : )

Abby said...

I can't believe it's been a year! Amazing!!