Wednesday, April 27, 2011

a sad goodbye...

Today is my last day in Colorado Springs...I have a red-eye flight back tonight:( I'm very sad...BUT it has been a WONDERFUL trip! A much needed trip! The mountains have been absolutely spectacular. Pictures DO NOT do them justice...The greatness of them everytime I walk outside blows me away. Colorado is one place I could vacation to every year. 
Kaz and I have had a blast! We have really made the most of our time despite the REALLY REALLY REALLY cold weather! One of my favorite memories from the trip: Yesterday morning after breakfast, we came back up to our room only to find out that the battery in the door had died and we would have to wait 30 minutes before the maintenance man arrived to work. He would then have to drill the whole battery off the door and replace it. We haven't had our room cleaned since Sunday[I've just been doing it everyday] BUT we did run out of toilet paper so on our way up from breakfast we asked for a roll. We came back to our room, couldn't get in, so we sat outside waiting for the maintenance man with 2 rolls of toilet paper.....What did we do? What else? Played several games including toilet paper basketball, golf, etc..RIGHT in the middle of the hallway. I LOVED that we had fun during that not so "fun" time! 
I am sad to leave, but very thankful for the opportunity to have come AND be able to spend time with Kaz. 

our view from the hotel...









1 comment:

mom said...

I am glad you had a great time but I am ready for you to be back in S.C. I love you, mom