Wednesday, November 25, 2009

This Thanksgiving...

Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday for a couple of reasons:)

1. We get to spend time with family! This year we will be at my family’s house (Amy here). My dad, aunt, and uncle all live next door to one another so everyone comes to my aunt’s (Helen) house. We meet in the middle and spend the whole day there.

2. Every Thanksgiving and Christmas all of my cousins and close friends in Patrick (my hometown) have game nights where we play cards for about 4-5 hours every year. Nerts has become the most popular game. I love this time together because we don’t get to have these nights very often.

3. We get to eat a lot of good food:) A little history-My aunt Helen makes the best giblet gravy in the WORLD! Yes in the world. I LOVE it. Well growing up, I only got it on 2 occasions Christmas and Thanksgiving so that’s all I eat on both occasions. I go through the line and fill my plate up with rice, giblet gravy, and turkey. And that’s all I eat! I love it that much:) Now that probably sounds silly to most people but I wouldn’t have it any other way. Kaz thinks I’m crazy because there’s so much food, and I only eat rice and gravy BUT I love eating it and as much as I can!

4. SHOPPING! On my mom’s side of the family we have a tradition of going to Myrtle Beach on black Friday and Saturday. We leave early Friday morning (usually around 4) and make our way to the beach. Shop all day, spend the night, get up and shop more! I love it! Me, my cousin (Chris), aunt (Joyce), and mom go. Over the years we’ve had a lot of interesting moments during our annual trip but it makes for laughs every year…I better not give examples-I might get in trouble:)

BUT really Thanksgiving is about gratitude in our life-What we’re thankful for. Below are a few things that Kaz and I are thankful for this year:

• For a marriage to my best friend, who won’t quit on me and goes through everything with me, the tough, the boring, the old, the new, the nervous, and the exciting times.
• A family I am proud to be part of, with parents who love us and are there any time we need them. And brother/sister-in-law friendship even over thousands of miles.
• God’s provision with not just a job, but a purpose at work and a place to look forward to working daily.
• That God see’s EVERYTHING up front and continues to guide us on his paths, showing us little signs along the way to show us we are on the right trail.
• For the Freedom we enjoy and the Liberty this great country has because of others’ self-less sacrifice for the US.
• The Lord’s plan in our life-For giving me(Amy) the gift of photography and the blessings and joy that it brings to my life.

Below is a picture that my friend Carissa(http://www.carissagraham.com/) made. I asked if I could use it because this is my prayer for our family everyday but especially this Thanksgiving.


Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Cy, Anne, Peter and Emily-We miss you and hope you have a great Thanksgiving! We love you!

1 comment:

DADCYANNE said...

Amy & Kaz,

We did enjoy our Thanksgiving holiday, both Thursday and Friday.
We really like your blog, especially the header of pictures.
Today was absolutely beautiful and was able to get a lot of cleaning done outside.
Tired and ready to relax with come cheesecake.
Mom&Dad