Tuesday, November 22, 2011

weekend fun with the Howell's...

We had such a fun weekend...On Friday, I took a sewing class[more on this later] as an early Christmas present from Kaz. After, I met Liz in Columbia to do some shopping before going to see the new Twilight movie! On Saturday, we all went to the Citadel/Carolina game. I had already promised Kaz before the game I would wear Citadel blue proudly, and I did! I didn't pull for the Gamecocks at all...Once in a blue moon when they play the Citadel, I can switch teams for the day:) We had such a fun time with Liz and Todd...I told Kaz driving home that our friendship isn't one where we have to always talk about deep stuff...If we go talking about absolutely nothing for 3 days I leave feeling just as close, if not closer to them. It's very special...I told you awhile back I might tell you the story of how we became friends...Here it is!
At one of our Bethany meetings last March, Kaz and I sat at a back table with 2 empty chairs beside us. A girl came up to me and asked if the chairs were taken, I said no. The couple introduced themselves as Todd and Liz. We briefly talked BUT YOU WOULD NEVER KNOW THIS FROM MY BLOG BUT I AM AN EXTREMELY QUIET PERSON IF you don't know me...HONESTLY! I don't talk a lot in the beginning and in most cases I have been told it comes across as being rude:( The meeting started and I instantly warned Liz not to think I was crazy but chances were that I would cry at least once at that meeting[it lasted 8 hours]...I did of course, BUT so did she:) We exchanged contact information and got to know each other a little. I have to say at first I didn't know what to think...Here we were not even through the home study and we had the nursery done, car seat, strollers, etc, etc, etc...I asked Liz what her nursery looked like and she said we don't have a nursery yet. They had nothing done! I introduced her to Etsy...asked if she had a blog which right there she probably thought I was crazy...and then we left that day. Great meeting. I NEVER expected anything out of our interaction...A few days later one of us emailed each other..I'm more of a texter, emailer, blogger, than a talk on the phone kind of person. That's just always been me, although I'm sure my close friends are reading this now thinking What? It is true...Kaz can attest to this! Liz finally called me because she couldn't take the emailing:) so we started talking every so often. She mentioned if I ever needed a place to stay in Columbia, there house was always welcome. I had a wedding one weekend in Columbia and for some reason I made my mind up that I was going to ask Liz if I could stay. Looking back, I didn't know hardly anything about her or Todd BUT I REALLY TRUSTED them from the beginning. When I arrived at there house, it was like we had been friends for years. We hugged, I immediately felt comfortable, and it took our friendship to the next level...As I was driving home from that weekend, we texted back and forth[I don't text and drive anymore;)] and I remember asking her, "Do you have a best friend." I don't even remember her response BUT I KNEW that she was an answered prayer. Kaz has known since we got married that I have prayed for a best friend. I had one in college and life took us on different paths and it really left some scars...Since then, I have always wanted a true best friend....I now have one. The Lord knitted our hearts together even before that meeting and HE knew that we needed each other at the exact time in life that he brought us together. I talk to Liz on the phone or through text almost every day. I can tell her anything and call her when I'm struggling or at my highest point. She calls me out in love even though I don't always listen to her advice...She prays for me and truly cares about my walk with Christ. Adoption has a special place in our hearts and lives but even more than with just Annie Rice....through ADOPTION I met a dear friend...a friend I know I will have until we are called home. THE LORD IS FAITHFUL, AND HE DOES HEAR ALL OF OUR PRAYERS...











No comments: