Tuesday, November 29, 2011

denver and sweet friends....

On Sunday, we went to Denver for the day! Denver is such a neat town and we really enjoyed our last visit. This time we went to the Denver Aquarium! Annie Rice really enjoyed it and loved looking at all the fish:) The Denver Aquarium has a live mermaid show that was really cool and Annie just stared at the mermaids swimming and talking!








 After the aquarium, we walked around Denver, did a little shopping and walked through a few holiday markets...

BUT the best part of the day was dinner! Over the last month or so I've been emailing back and forth with Angela. Angela, her husband Darrick, and two girls Sydney and Kami live near Denver and are in the waiting process of there adoption. When I knew we were coming back out to CO, I emailed her to see if they would want to meet up! On our drive to Denver Sunday morning, Kaz asked me to read him some of there blog...Well, I did the best I could BUT I CRIED pretty much the whole way to Denver. Even though we have Annie Rice, the feelings and memories of what we have been through will never be forgotten and as I read her blog I could literally remember all of those same feelings and emotions. 

When we met this sweet family for dinner, it was like we had known them for a long time! The girls loved Annie Rice and she loved playing with them! I just couldn't stop thinking of how big she was getting:( Annie Rice was amazed at Sydney's braces and Kami loved playing with Annie's curls:) It was a very special dinner...so encouraging to us and we hope to see them again VERY soon:)










1 comment:

Angela said...

It was so great to get together! We can't wait to do it again. Annie is such a sweetheart - we miss her already!