Thursday, December 30, 2010

pine trees and snow...

Before we left Patrick SC to come back to Charleston, we got quite a pleasant surprise! It SNOWED! I love snow BUT I also love being at my parents when it snows too:) I have so many fun memories from when I was younger in the snow! My granddad was a farmer so our family has a good bit of land and it's absolutely gorgeous in the snow!
 My dad kept eating the snow off the limbs...

 Miley LOVES snow! Every time she's been in it she has had a blast! She eats it and if we throw snowballs at her she will catch it and shake her head until all the snow is gone! It's quite funny!










 This is my FAVORITE picture in the country. Straight rows of pine trees that you can see through as you drive by. I LOVE LOVE LOVE seeing this! BUT I ALSO have a strong dislike for pine trees....Again my granddad was a farmer and owned a plant nursery. He planted and raised pine trees and then when they were fully grown would have them cut down and the process would start over. When I was 13 it was time to plant new trees. MY DAD thought it would be a good idea to LEAVE OUT about 100k, YES I SAID THAT RIGHT, of trees so our family could plant them together! He thought it would be a growing process for us to plant them instead of a machine. Needless to say it took many afternoons and weekends to finish this! Me and my cousins were all in high school or college AND WE JUST WANTED to get the trees planted! This is how it worked: 1 person would dig the hole, 1 carried the box of trees, and the other would put the tree in the ground. 3 people worked together. Me, my cousin Pam, and cousin william were a team. WE GOT THE BRILLIANT IDEA to plant multiple trees in a hole so all the trees would be planted!!!! Sometimes we put 2 in a hole, SOMETIMES we put 3, AND OTHER TIMES we put 4! HAHA! We think it's hilarious....my dad on the other hand found out a couple years ago when the trees started to grow! While walking through the woods we found one of those multiple trees! I couldn't resist taking a picture!
 2 pine trees! I think this was a brilliant idea!
 My pet goat Leroy!
 No one else was interested in making snow angels!

3 comments:

Pam said...

Great Post! I've always loved the snow at mom & dad's too. So Beautiful in the woods. Looking back I'm glad we planted ALL those trees as a family..but at the time I was wondering if my mom and your dad had gone crazy! For the record...I only planted two trees to a hole...you must have planted the extras! LOL Love ya Pam

Melissa's Thoughts said...

We had a white Christmas in TN, but so happy to be in Florida right now where it's nice and right and no snow. HA Love the pictures of the trees. Reminds me of home in NC

Unknown said...

So pretty! Love the snow and memories that go along with it - you can't beat them and it always makes me feel like a kid again. :-)