Tuesday, April 17, 2012

a red bowl, the hospital, and sleep...

Well, you know from the title that doesn't sound good! Kaz went camping Thursday night-Sunday night. I had been looking forward to him coming home! My parents came in over the weekend to watch Annie Rice because I had a wedding. On Sunday around 2, my stomach started hurting pretty bad...I worked pretty much all afternoon on Sunday, so I decided that for dinner me and Annie Rice would go to Zaxby's before picking up Kaz. We picked him up at 7, got home around 710 and around 730 the bathroom was my new best friend, just not in a good way. Every hour at 8 minutes after the hour, I would throw up! Well, it was actually coming out both ends, and at the same time. By 12 o'clock, my stomach was convulsing and I was mostly dry heaving because there was nothing left in me! I couldn't keep water or Gatorade down. At 3 o'clock, we decided we needed to go to the hospital because I was dehydrated. Kaz woke up Annie Rice, and that sweet little angel was so good for 4 hours. She didn't whine or complain. She sat in her stroller the whole time. That was a blessing! Along with fluids, they gave me nausea medicine which stopped the vomiting! PRAISE THE LORD!
We got back home from the hospital around 7am, put Annie Rice down and I went to sleep. I slept the majority of the day. Annie Rice woke up at 1, and Kaz started giving her something to eat. We could tell something was off...She wasn't herself. After 1 bite, she threw up everywhere! I thought, oh no, she's got it. Thankfully, her's played out differently, I guess because she hadn't had anything in stomach since 6 the previous night. She only threw up once but slept a ton! She woke up at 1pm yesterday, took a 2 hour nap from 4-6pm, went to bed at 730pm last night and it's 915 this morning and she's still sleeping. I hope that's all her's is....Along with all this yucky stuff, I've also had flu like symptoms. Freezing cold...I haven't been able to get warm. My body ached so bad yesterday, I asked Kaz to rub me down. It hurt so bad...and anytime I would sleep I was so restless because my body hurt so bad. 
I'm not sure, if this whole thing was a bug or food poisoning. It's weird my parents haven't gotten it[and hopefully they don't!]. That's why part of me thinks food poisoning BUT whatever it is, I hope I never see it again! It's safe to say, I will probably never eat Zaxby's again:( I lost 5 pounds from Sunday until yesterday morning. 
So, we are on the mend today, but still very weak....Last night, I was starving. Kaz tried to get me to eat some soup but I didn't want anything warm. Only something cold...So you know what I had...The only thing I wanted was a piece of strawberry pie! HaHa! It was so good:) 

sick baby...

3 comments:

Ashley said...

Hope you all feel better soon ;)

Elizabeth Edwards said...

1st off i sure hope you feel better soon. that sounds terrible. hope everyone including Annie Rice is back in tip top shape very soon. on another note ... i just love all the changes to your blog. so pretty & pink. love the header photos of you all & Annie Rice. really love the one of her hanging upside down. too cute!! the new fonts & it all. going back now to check out what else i can see that is new. you all enjoy your day & feel strong again real soon. big hugs. (:

Chrissie said...

Hope you are both feeling 100% again really soon x