Tuesday, October 23, 2012

the transition...

The last 3 weeks have flown by. I can’t believe Maggie Ruth is already 3 weeks old. I have loved being a mom of 2. 

Really up until we got Maggie Ruth, anytime I would think about having another child, I would get really worried. Fear would take over for a couple of reasons...1) Annie Rice wasn’t a newborn when we got her, so the newborn stage scared me. 2) I didn’t have brothers or sisters so the sibling thing scared me. 3) Sometimes I found it hard to get work done with just Annie Rice, and I worried with 2, I would never find the time to work. 4) I didn’t want Annie Rice to feel like I loved her any less. I really was so worried about these things and many more. BUT I’m so thankful the Lord took control of my fears and gave me a peace that Maggie Ruth was in His plan for our life and He would take care of all these things. When we found out about Maggie Ruth[which was about 3-4 weeks before she actually was born] I started praying some really big prayers. I prayed the transition would be easy. She would be a baby that slept a lot[I can be really grumpy without sleep so this part worried me]. I prayed that Annie Rice would love her and adapt really well. I prayed that things would just go smoothly. Those all may sound really selfish but everything happened so fast, I was worried about these things. The Lord was so faithful to us through the process, I knew He would be faithful in the transition and He has. Maggie Ruth has done so good. The first night we fed her at 9, 1, and 4 and after every feeding she would go right back to sleep. The 2nd day I thought okay, it won’t always be this easy. But it continued to go similar to this and now she’s up to about 9, 2, and 6. We’ve had 1 really hard night with her for about 3 hours where she wouldn’t stop crying. I think her stomach hurt because something just wasn’t right. When people visit, they always ask if she crys, because she rarely does. BUT she does:) She’s just been a really good baby, taken well to her formula and us, and we have loved this sweet little girl. I love my cuddle time with her and am so thankful to get to experience the newborn stage:) I attempted my first outing with both girls to the post office and Wal-Mart and it went pretty good. I told Annie Rice before we left that she needed to listen to me, and if she did and didn’t complain I would give her a sucker when we got back home and let her watch Mickey Mouse. She did well and got her sucker when we got home. I have continued to work about the same amount that I did before Maggie Ruth as far as editing...After getting Maggie Ruth, I had 7 weddings left for this year. I now only have 4. It has been a blessing. She definitely is a baby who likes to sleep "right now"[praying this continues:)]. Up until this week, we had to wake her up to feed and that was a challenge in itself. She's just so sweet...

Annie Rice has blown me away with the transition. We talked to her so much[well as much as we could in 3 weeks] about Maggie Ruth that when she got to meet her she was just so proud to be a big sister. She wants to help feed her and wipe her mouth all the time. Usually the first thing she says in the morning when I go to get her out of her room is, “Go see Maggie Mooth mommy”. That’s what she calls her, Maggie Mooth. 
The Lord has blessed us so much with 2 sweet girls. 

Annie Rice is in such a fun stage. She loves to play dress up. She has a couple pairs of play high heel shoes and she will usually put those on first thing in the morning and walk around in them all day. Someone gave us a blanket for Maggie Ruth and Annie Rice thinks it’s her “queen robe”. She will put it on her shoulders with her high heels on and walk around and wave like a queen:) She loves candy corn and instead of saying “pu” [pumpkins, puggles, etc], she says “hu”[humpkins, huggles, etc]. It’s so funny. When we walk in walmart she wants to see the “Humpkins”. The Lord has blessed her with a great memory. I have been working with her on bible verses and she can say 5 verses now[John 3:16, Proverbs 3:4-5, Gensis 1:1, The fruit of the spirt, and we are learning Proverbs 31:30 right now]. That is a gift He has given her at her age and I love hearing her say the word of God. I’d rather hear her say bible verses to me than the ABCs any day:) Every night before bed she asks to see “Twinkle Twinkle and Mr. Moon”. I love it. As I’m typing, she keeps coming over to me and kissing me on the mouth and saying, “so sweet mommy”. 

I love my 2 girls. I’m so thankful the Lord chose me to be there mom. He could have chose anyone, but He chose me, and I’m so thankful and blessed by adoption. To think a few years ago, my heart was completely against it. 

Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord. Plans to PROSPER you and not to harm you. Plans to give you a HOPE and a FUTURE. 













4 comments:

Bernice said...

The Lord has truely blessed you. Maggie Ruth is a beautiful baby,it is great that she is a good sleeper that always helps when Mama has a active 2yr old.
Annie Rice is darling, and you are right she is at the fun age..hope for your sake she does not go thru the "terrible twos".
Have to ask how Miley is taking to another new addition?
Are you in South Carolina? My 25yr old baby moved to Aiken in August..beautifl little town.
Prayers for a wonderful journey raising those little ones.

Dawn said...

Love these two girls! So happy for your family! :)

BARBIE said...

You are a blessed woman!

Laurel said...

I lost all of the blogs on my sidebar, and it has taken awhile to find you all again. So glad that Carissa linked to you today.

Congrats on the new Little One. So precious!


Hope you will check out my new blog:

http://musingsofamentormom.blogspot.com


Laurel
mama of 12